Interested in applying for a RISE Internship?
Browse through the list below to find out more information about each internship opportunity.
Review the internship description for instructions on how to apply.
RISE internship opportunities are available to both Graduate and Undergraduate students.
RISE Internship: Junior Research Associate at TANGO International
Position Title: Junior Research Associate
Reports to: TBD
Hours/Week: 10 – 20 hours/week
Internship Date Range: Flexible
About the Resilience Internships and Student Experiences (RISE) Program
The RISE Program is hosted by the Arizona Institute of Resilient Environments and Societies (AIRES) and aims to provide both undergraduate and graduate students with paid internships related to resilient environments and societies. RISE internships give students experience in workplace settings with an opportunity to grow their interpersonal skills and prepare them for careers after graduation.
About TANGO International
TANGO International is a global leader in food security, livelihoods, and resilience. TANGO provides institutional and technical support to organizations working to alleviate hunger and poverty among vulnerable populations around the world. We are a preferred partner for government and United Nations agencies, international non-governmental organizations, local consultants and community organizations.
TANGO is a dynamic and growing team, including a network of consultants from around the world. Established in 2000, we are headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, USA with a regional office in Bangkok, Thailand.
Under the overall supervision of TANGO staff, the intern will:
- Support primary and secondary research for existing assignments, including evaluations, assessments, policy papers, strategy documents, guidelines, and/or literature reviews.
- Contribute to report writing under the supervision of senior staff.
- Copy editing and report and PowerPoint formatting as needed, including production of relevant tables/ figures/ charts.
- Support quality control of field data.
- Support analysis of quantitative and qualitative data under the supervision of senior analysts.
- Contribute to the preparation of business proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Intern will gain skills/experience in:
- Research for international evaluations and studies
- Evaluation cycle management
- Evaluation criteria and standards
- Conducting evaluation interviews and facilitation of client meetings
- Analysis and reporting at international UN standards
- Communication and coordination skills in complex settings
Education and Training
Required: Pursuing or completed Master’s degree in one of the following: international development, social sciences, health sciences, environmental and natural resources sciences, public policy or administration, agriculture, forestry OR a combination of education and prior experience.
- Previous writing and research experience
- Data analysis experience (qualitative and/or quantitative)
- Able to deal with multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change in day-to-day work environment
- Flexible, responsible, self-motivated, works well alone and with others
- Excellent writing ability
- Excellent speaking skills in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Proficiency in basic data visualization techniques (desired)
- Proficiency in statistical analysis (SPSS or STATA) (desired)
- Written and oral fluency in another language (French, Spanish) (desired)
Work hours are flexible, as TANGO International has staff located globally across time zones. Ideally, an intern will have availability between 9am – 5pm Arizona time to allow for direct engagement with Tucson-based staff and have flexibility to participate in evening meetings with staff located outside of the U.S. as needed.
Interns will be compensated at an hourly rate between $15 – 20 USD, based on skills and experience.
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please email Chloe Hein at CHein@tangointernational.com with the following:
- Why you are interested in this internship and/or working with TANGO
- The timeframe you would be available to intern (start and end date)
- Number of hours per week you are looking for